






It was so nice to get back to my parents' beach house in Isle of Palms! Caroline and I hadn't been there since last summer and Brett hadn't been back in two years. When we got there we met up with Ron and Kerri (Brett's brother and his wife) and their three kids Dylan, Brady and Hailey. It was so fun to see the four cousins together. They hadn't been together since Christmas, so it was fun to see how much everyone had changed in just 7 months. I was told by my OB to "take it easy" while away, so Brett once again stepped up and did all the shell hunting and running up and down the beach with Caroline. It was so cute to watch them, but I really wish I could have been more included in the actions! Caroline absolutely love the beach!
Every morning we went down to the beach and then brought the two little ones home for their naps. We had a babysitter that stayed with Caroline and Hailey while they were napping so that we could get out and go to lunch or go shopping. It was so nice to have the extra pair of hands! We were even able to use her at night so we could go out to dinner in Charleston with Ron and Kerri one night. After they left, Brett and I were able to go out for our 6th anniversary, too. It was absolutely worth it and I think we would definitely plan on having a sitter to help again. Ron and Kerri left on Sat. and our friends Megan and Shawn joined us for our last two days before heading down into Charleston. Caroline did great on the flight home, but it definitely took her a couple of days to get readjusted to our routine here. I think we are finally back on track though.
No comments:
Post a Comment