Overnight Adventure? That's putting a silver lining on it!! Wednesday had an interesting turn of events not too long after I wrote the last posting. I started having some cramping on Wednesday afternoon that only got worse, then came the lower back pain and feeling pretty sick. It was kind of how I felt when I started going into labor with Caroline. Needless to say, I called my OB and was told to lie down, drink tons of water and call back in a little bit if it stayed the same or got worse. Well, it got worse. My OB decided it would be a good idea to go to Labor and Delivery and check how the baby was doing on a fetal monitor.
When we got to the hospital, we learned the baby was doing great, however, there was "irritability" that registered on the moniter-so some action was going on, but not even to show up as contractions. I was told that I was probably just dehydrated, but after a nurse told me I was dialated 1 cm, I was brought upstairs to be put on an IV and observed during the night. All I kept thinking (since I got about 1 hour of sleep) was a.) I'm only 23 weeks and I'll go into labor ealry or b) BED REST! Thank goodness when my doctor came in the next morning and I learned that I was not indeed dialated 1 cm; I was not dialated at all for that matter! Obviously the nurse the day before made a mistake. I am, however, 25% effaced, but my doctor also said that could be normal for me at this point, but she really wouldn't know that b/c normally at 23 weeks they don't check to see if there is any effacement. SO, I was put on partial bedrest until this morning (I was allowed to still go to the appointment at the perinatalogist on Thurs. morning after I was discharged, though. More on that in a minute...) when I was to see my Dr. again to see how things were going and if we would still be able to go on our beach vacation Tuesday morning that had been planned for about 5 months.
We left the hospital after I was discharged and made it down to the ultrasound appointment in time.-barely Everything looked great with the baby and the perinatalogist said that she is not worried and thinks that everything will be fine. There were no other indications that anything was wrong and the cysts were gone. When we were leaving, I asked the Dr. if she, by any chance, knows the sex of the baby and she said she did. So, ladies and gentlement, there is someone out there that knows what we are having and WE don't even know!! Don't worry-you all know how I am when I set my mind of something, I will not give in and call her to find out!!
Now, back to today-I saw my OB for my follow-up and she said everything seems perfectly OK to go on vacation, but to still "take it easy". I don't think that will be too hard since we'll be sitting by the beach/pool much of the time and Brett can be my "man slave" (as he affectionately referred it when he was putting in all the extra help this weekend) the rest of the time. We are meeting Ron and Kerri and the kids (Brett's brother's family). so it should be a lot of fun to seee the cousins together (ages 1,2,3, and 5). W e are, of couse, very excited to see everyone and still be able to go, but we adults are even more excited that we will have a babysitter that will be helping us out with all 4 kids throughout the week! Now that will be an adventure, not to mention a well-deserved vacation! I will make sure to add pictures when we get back and also pictures of blueberry picking from last weekend, too (the camera is already packed, or those would have been posted already)!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so happy to hear everything is ok. Enjoy your much needed vacation and keep that "man slave" close-by! HAVE FUN!
I'm so glad that you and Baby are OK! I can't imagine what bed rest would be like with a toddler around... I'm glad you don't have to find out. Have a great trip!
Post a Comment