Wow! I haven't written anything in awhile! I will have to catch you all up on what we have been up to. Almost 2 weeks ago, I had my 20 week appt. The heartbeat was in the low 140s and I had gained 7 pounds total since the beginning. My OB discussed the results of my ultrasound, too. It looks like Baby #2 has the same bilateral chorid plexus cysts that Caroline had at the same point in the pregnancy. Chorid plexus cysts are bascially tiny cysts that develop on the baby's brain (bilateral cysts develop on both sides of the brain) and usually are harmless and disappear on their own somewhere between 21-24 weeks. Caroline's were gone by the 21st week. Chorid plexus cysts could be one of several indictations of a possible chormosonal problem in the baby, however both Caroline and Baby #2 did not have any of the other indications that are usually there in combination with the cysts that would point towards a chormosonal problem (for example limbs measuring different lengths, one spot in the heart brighter than the rest, or your quad blood screening coming back with any abnormalities). When we were told all of this with Caroline we were still deeply concerned/nervous until the results came back from a 21 week ultrasound showing the cysts had disappeared. This time, of course we are looking forward to seeing ultrasound results of the cysts no longer existing, however, we feel a lot more positive about the whole thing after having gone through it all with Caroline, not knowing much about it at the time. SO, my level 2 ultrasound with the perinatalogist will be June 21 and we will know more than. At that same appt. they will be checking my placenta to make sure that it has "moved up" since my OB said from my 18.5 week ultrasound that my placenta was "borderline low-lying". She did say that when the placenta is like that, that it usually moves up on its own within the next several weeks, however, if for some reason it does not, I would need a C-section. Let's hope that it's moved up, since I had a very easy labor and delivery with Caroline, so I'm hoping for the same this time!
Other than that, the OB said that everything looks great with the baby and that the baby's measurements were "beautiful", so that is all good news!
Besides Baby News, we have just been busy with visitors again. My parents ("Grandma" and "Grandpa") came for a visit. My mother arrived Thurs. and my father got in on Fri. My dad left today and my mom will be here until Wed. Caroline was very excited to see her Grandma and Grandpa. We all took her to play in the fountain again and went out for a pizza lunch. Tonight before my father left we went out to dinner and she stayed busy coloring pictures the whole time. I think that was one of the first meals out where we did not have to keep pulling books and toys out of her bag to entertain her! Hopefully, we have hit a turning point?? We'll see.
Brett left today, too, for a trip to D.C., so it is just Caroline, Grandma and I until Wed. We have big plans to go to the pool tomorrow and get her very tired out for her nap!
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment