Friday, May 11, 2007
Sick Day
Caroline is stuck home today sick. She started getting a fever yesterday afternoon and by about 4:45pm, it was up to 102.5. She was miserable. All she wanted to do was lay on the couch and listen to her "monkey"song (The Jack Johnson & Friends CD from the Curious George Soundtrack). She couldn't get comfortable at all when it was time for bed and she didn't end up falling asleep until close to 9:00pm, when she usually is in bed by about 7:15pm. She woke up four times during the night and kept crying, "Ouchie, Mommy! Ouchie!". I called the pediatrician this morning and they were able to get her in at 8:45am. Of course, by then, she didn't have a fever anymore and was acting fine, but I figured with it being a Friday, I better go get her checked out anyway. It turns out it was a good idea, since she has strep throat. She should hopefully be better by tomorrow afternoon, now that she has already had her first dose of antibiotics. We have big plans for Mother's Day, so hopefully it will still work out and we'll all be able to have a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Caroline...I hope she is feeling better and you got to enjoy your Mother's Day.
Post a Comment