Friday, November 30, 2007

"What's you doing?"

Caroline (seriously) must ask me at least 50 times a day, "What's you doing, Mommy?" I"m glad she is curious and interested in what's going on, but I have to tell you, after about the fourth time she asks me within a 5 minute time spam, it gets a bit frustrating! I think, actually, that she doesn't even realize now how much she is saying it now it has become such a habit. I even will ask her back sometimes, "What's Mommy doing?" and she'll tell me exactly what I'm doing ("folding laundry", "driving the car", "Feeding Baby Eleanor", etc...) I talked to her today about some other ideas/questions she might want to ask Mommy, like, "How are you doing today?" or "What did you do today, Mommy". By five o'clock today after the 42nd time (give or take!) I told her to ask me some other questions instead, so from five until bedtime, she kept asking, "How are you doing today, Mommy?". I guess my idea backfired! Any suggestions, anyone? : ) The funniest part is though, that earlier today, I tried to playfully turn it back around on her and kept asking her "What's you doing, Caroline" every couple of minutes and she got really frustrated and said, "No you talk to me, RIGHT NOW!".

1 comment:

Audrey said...

LOL that is so funny and cute.