
Caroline had her first visit to the dentist this morning! She did such a great job, too! For the last couple days I have been talking to her about her upcoming visit and how she would have to lie on her back while her teeth were brushed and counted. She seemed ok with the idea, especially when I told her they would probably give her a new toothbrush and toothpaste.
When we arrived at the office, the dentist told me that she would probably start crying at some point since most 2 year olds are uncomfortable with the whole idea and laying on their back the whole time. Well, once they brought her over to the chair and Caroline saw that there were TVs on the ceiling and she could wear headphones to listen to a movie, she was ready to go. She layed right down, opened her mouth and let them brush her teeth, count her teeth and put on flouride without batting on eye. Even the dentist commented on how good she was and how unusual it was for a 2 year old not to get upset. I'm telling you the power of TV-it's a scary thing! Anyway, she was very happy when she not only got a new pink toothbrush, but toothpaste, a timer and a (very large!) T-shirt, too! I think it's safe to say the visit was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment