Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Remembrance Day
October 15 is National Day of Remembrance for Pregnancy and Infant Loss. We are thinking of our baby girl, Marin Jane, today and our nephew Braddock who passed away on Sept. 11, 2007 at 5 1/2 months old. I don't think a day goes by yet, where I don't think of Marin and what life would have been like for Caroline and Eleanor to have had a little sister, especially since Caroline tells us at least several times a week, "I LOVE having a baby sister!". Although we had not told Caroline yet that we were expecting again, we had already mentioned casually to her that maybe she and Eleanor could share a room when Eleanor got bigger. Caroline will still bring it up sometimes and talk about how exciting it would be to share a room with Eleanor one day. That still makes it really hard some days. Or if I see a family, while we're out, with three little girls, I can't held but wonder. We keep her 12 week ultrasound picture on our refrigerator. It's the only picture we have from the many ultrasounds I had. We also have a box of all the cards and letters that were sent to share with Caroline and Eleanor one day. I know that it was for the best for Marin, as it would have been a very difficult, very short life for her had she made it to term, but that still doesn't help that it's hard for us sometimes. Please keep Marin and Braddock in your hearts and thoughts today. They will always be in ours. We will also be thinking of our many friends today that have suffered a loss(es) while pregnant. Our thoughts are with all of you, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you named her. Maren was one of our top names for Ellie. I am sorry that you have to know the pain of loosing a baby. I have faith that someday we will meet our little ones.
Post a Comment