Definitely not looking our best after VERY little sleep!
The street next to ours, across from the park, got hit the hardest. One of our neighbors' homes. Brett caught in an awkward moment. I think he referred to the hat as his "Texas umbrella"! And yes, those are running shorts and steel-toed boots! More trees down A crew out early in the pouring rain already cutting up a tree blocking the cul-de-sac at the end of our neighborhood. Taken at about 6:45am when the wind and rain were still extremely strong. Thank goodness we had the ipod to keep Caroline occupied at some points! The laundry room were we slept for part of the night. Caroline had it decided before going to bed that we would be having a "Hurricane Party" in there in the middle of the night. If only it was that fun! The park in our neighborhood had a lot of trees down.
We got our power back Tuesday night and returned home from the conference center on Wednesday afternoon! I had to go grocery shopping where the conference center was since there were very few essential groceries in stores by our house. People in our town are still waiting in line for 2 hours for gas and the meat, dairy, and frozen food sections of the open grocery stores are still empty. About half of our town still does not have power, so we are very lucky. Here are some more shots from during and after Ike.
Leslie - Those are great pics. It's amazing how devastating this was. I live 25 miles south of you - and it was even weirder here. I got to stay at Hurricane Camp for 10 days! I'm glad you got power when you did. I wish I took more pics but you just drive around my neighborhood today and the roads are piled up with trees and debris.
Welcome to our blog where you can hear all about life with our two little girls, big sister Caroline and little sister Eleanor. We hope you come back and visit us often!
1 comment:
Leslie - Those are great pics. It's amazing how devastating this was. I live 25 miles south of you - and it was even weirder here. I got to stay at Hurricane Camp for 10 days! I'm glad you got power when you did. I wish I took more pics but you just drive around my neighborhood today and the roads are piled up with trees and debris.
Post a Comment