Tuesday, July 22, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours...

As if Saturday were not bad enough, on Sunday night, I developed a fever and I knew that meant there was an infection developing.  After getting antibiotics called in, I saw my doctor on Monday morning. She thought it was best that I be admitted to the hospital overnight Monday and get started right away on IV antibiotics to ensure that the infection was treated as aggressively as possible. I was also told that a DNC would be necessary in the morning in order to prevent future infections, as well. I had to rush home from my appointment and (thank goodness!!) with the help of my wonderful, wonder friends (you all know who you are!) I had babysitting, gymnastic class for Caroline and the next three meals set up for my two little girls in about 2 hours for the next day and half. Brett had to cancel has upcoming 2 day trip to Lima, Peru and were out the door and back to the all-to-familiar hospital. I was admitted right away and they did take very good care of me. Everything went well and I was even discharged a couple of hours earlier than planned. As my doctor said, " Now that [I] am healing physically, we can now begin the journey of healing mentally." And as someone just wrote very beautifully on a card to us, we WILL "take comfort in knowing that there in one more angel in heaven" to look after us all.

2 comments:

Al, Michelle & Rylan said...

I am so sorry that you ended up in the hospital. I so wish I was there to give you a big hug. It is one of the hardest things to go through with many unanswered questions. I am so glad you have such wonderful friends that are helping you. Take care and give the girls a big hug!

Anonymous said...

hey guys,
just wanted you to know that we're thinking about you. Something like this is never right, but I can promise you that the days to get easier. Your little angel is in heaven now, and cousin braddock is watching over.
Love,
kristin and Zach