Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vancouver

Spotting bears on Whistler Mountain
and totem poles in Stanley Park
We watched the water planes land from our hotel room
Exploring Granville Island
On our way to lunch with Andrea and Ellen
On the Tree Trek on Whistler Mountain
Walking along the tops of the forest trees on Whistler Mountain
"Look at me! I'm hiking! Can you believe it?" 

Brett and I had 8 days of "alone" time in Vancouver while Brett was there for a business meeting. We dropped the girls off in Cleveland with Nana and Papa and took off the next day. As much as we missed the girls, I had a great time exploring the city (Granville Island, Chinatown, Gastown, shopping uninterrupted) while Brett was in meetings most of the week. It was definitely strange walking around a city without a stroller, diaper bag and disgruntled toddler, but I got over it pretty quickly! We enjoyed many delicious meals and even took a group trip up to Whistler for the day that his company set up. While in Whistler, we did a "Tree Trek", walking along platforms built from the top sections of the trees on Whistler mountain and looking far, FAR below to the forest floor. I was very proud of myself for being so "outdoorsy" since that NEVER happens! It was a wonderful break for both of us and of course, we were very excited to see the girls when we got back to Cleveland, too!

No comments: