




Saturday afternoon we had Caroline's 2nd birthday with an "ABC" theme. She is so into her letter and knows the names of all of them, I figured it would be a fun theme for her. She had 11 other children here and 25 adults! Five of the children were from her weekly playgroup and the rest live in the neighborhood. Thank goodness it was a beautiful day outside-75 degrees and sunny all day!
Caroline was able to wear a T-shirt that said "C is for Caroline" made from iron-on letters. Then, I created a menu of A-Z things to eat (or things you need to use to eat -U: Utensils, N: Napkins, etc.). I used cookie cutters to cut bread for sandwiches into letter shapes, and found Seaseme Street cookies that had the letters on them, too. We ordered a cake that had the entire alphabet written around the outside borders and cupcakes that had "ABC" on them. We covered all the tables and kitchen island with butcher paper that I painted alphabet letter on. Up the front walk I wrote the ABCs in chalk leading to the front door and on the three front steps I wrote "A Birthday for Caroline!" She was so excited when she saw all the letters all over the sidewalk. I think the kids had a great time coloring ABC pictures, getting their faces painted their initial and something that stood for that initial (Caroline had a C on her face and whiskers and a nose for a "Cat"), playing outside and of course, eating the cupcakes and ice cream! The kids were all given goodie bags on the way out the door that had Disney ABC flashcards and a Rice Krispie Treat cut into the initial of their first name. Now, the only question is, what should I do for next year??!!
No comments:
Post a Comment